Hello ADT Family!
As the year 2020 draws to a close, it’s tempting to write it off as nothing but bad news. However, there were many exciting wonderful things that happened and we want to share them with you. So without further ado, here are the top 6 things we celebrate from 2020!
1) ADT was awarded the #1 Dance School by the Anchorage Press, for the second year in a row, proving that our students, families and staff are really the best of the best!! Thank you!
2) Last February, ADT dancers and budding choreographers shined in their production of “On The Verge” showing skill and talent beyond their years. We can’t wait to see what they’ll do in this upcoming year!
3) This past Spring, ADT welcomed technical Whiz, Choreographer and teacher extraordinaire Melissa Jabaay into her position of Associate Artistic Director. We love her classes!
4) Over the summer, ADT upgraded its facility to include large screen TV’s, computers, and cameras in every classroom. We are excited for the educational applications that will be brought into our classes and happy at the opportunity to share dance beyond our walls.
5) Recently in November, ADT danced into its very own Nutcracker for the first time, producing ACT 2 of “The Nutcracker “ in its black box theatre!
6) This entire year, ADT saw overwhelming support from donors and foundations in the community to offset losses from the global Pandemic. It is absolutely amazing to know that the arts are so supported and beloved in our community!! Thank you to The Atwood Foundation, The Rasmussen Foundation, The Carr Foundation, The Alaska State Council-on the Arts, The Municipality of Anchorage, The State of Alaska, Dr. Peggy Downing and YOU, our precious ADT families who have stuck with us!
It has been a year of challenge yes, but as we look back at the year almost finished we are left with the sweetness of gratitude and the promise of a new year with so many good things to come!